Sunday 1 April 2012

Inspiration from Shimelle

As you know I like to do challenges. One blog I follow is Shimelle's and she gives lots of sketches and starting points to help me get going. Ive dabbled in a couple of these recently but tonight I finished two off with journalling and a few extra bit,s and completed her latest starting point.

Here they are:

This was a starting point from the week before last. Whereas Shimelle's layout is flowery and girly, mine is very much boyish and grungy. The photos are Matthew at a recent birthday party we went to rocking his stuff with an inflatable balloon. I used some Simple Stories Awesome with  some prima buttons and MME Kraft Funday bits.


The second was a sketch.  I used some Echo Park papers that my lovely friend Sandra gave me in our crop advent swap and used some of the tags and embellishments she also kindly gave me. I didnt know if I was going to get a chance to use them this year as the snow came late but when it finally appeared in February Matthew was straight outside exploring.


The third is this weeks starting point. I used some new Bo bunny papers and embellishments which I have been dying to use. I used a cogs mask in the background. The photos show Matthew on a train track ride on holiday last year and I was pleased to get them scrapbooked.


 Thank you Shimelle!


6 comments:

  1. Goodness Lorna ouve been busy, oh these really are lovely. I so like the cog mask :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny I got to the bottom and had almost the same words in my head as Sandra has left as I love that mask too! What a busy girl you've been and all 3 of them are fab, Matthew is so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts! I love the "Gears" stencil,the background misting, and all the layers! Such a fun layout! Wonderful take on Shimelle's Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pages! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great layouts! I love the misting on the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for the same info about virtually identical & finally i got my answer from your post thanks for sharing this useful info.!

    ReplyDelete