Saturday 7 April 2012

Basic Grey Challenge

Today was crop day. I was really looking forward to it as I didnt get to the March Saturday crop or to any of the March Thursday evening crops. Today therefore was a chance to do some  serious scrapping and a chance to catch up with the girls, and of course a trip to Starbucks and Sainsburys.

Today I completed 5 layouts. Three of them were challenges from different websites. Tonight I'm going to blog about my basic grey challenge layout. You can find the challenge here. The challenge was to use Basic Grey solid papers only. This was quite a challenge for me as I love patterned paper. However, Ive been inspired by lots of layouts recently that use geometric designs - hexagons, triangles etc. Whilst at the crop I raided my friend Sandra's punch box and was drawn to the little diamond and thought I would get punch happy with it. The girls were quite intrigued to see what I was planning as I noisely  punched away from some of my sheets of solid basic grey colours.  I used the punches to create this layout. Im pleased with the design and wouldnt have done it without Basic Grey and Sandra - so thanks to them both.

I will  post the other challenges and layouts over the next few days. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing layout Lorna I am so impressed with what you have made from that little punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layouts, the last one must have took you ages

    ReplyDelete