Monday 16 April 2012

Shimelle's Challenges 02 - Mixing Papers

This was a good challenge for me. I dont mix paper ranges that often. I occasionally do and recently Ive been mixing my embellishments a lot more, but I like to scrap quite quickly and using papers from the same range helps me do that. Therefore I purposefully chose to do this challenge as I wanted to do something I know I should do more often.

I love this photo of my friend's son rockin' with his wizard hat on. I wanted to reflect the stars in the hat and the fab checked shirt and the only way to do this was with some quite bold papers.  In the end I used papers from Lily Bee, Bo Bunny, Fancy Pants, October Afternoon, Simple Stories and Studio Calico. I added some washi tape, some yellow brads ( that Ive had forever!), some stickers from October Afternoon and Simple Stories and of course some Thickers. Its a bit of a mixed bag but then that was the whole point.

5 comments:

  1. Great layouts for Shimelle's Cyber Crop you are on a roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a stunning layout and the papers are perfect for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw what a cute photo and a great page too. I am like you - a collection scrapper but really chuffed with this challenege. I will definitely mix it up again :) Thannks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is FAB! Great mix of papers with this photo!

    ReplyDelete