Thursday 5 January 2012

Photo A Day?

Ok - so it shouldnt have a question mark at the end. It should be a positive statement - but I think it is a challenge that some days im going to struggle to complete.

There are lots of online challenges about taking one photo a day to record your year. Id be really interested if anyone has any links to good prompts or forums that are running the challenge as I think I will need some help getting through and will need some fresh ideas.

So the challenge is to take a photo everyday. The idea is that it is not always going to be a major event. Hopefully not always a cute photo of Matt or of a recent layout. But maybe something everyday. A record of life.

I know I definately want to take more photos of the area I live in. I have lived in the Wimbledon/Morden area for 40 years ( other than 4 years at univesity in Reading) and I want to record some of the places I take for granted.

I also want to photo our home. Its not a show home - its not from the pages of Homes and Gardens , but it is our home. I love it and we spend a lot of time here. I should record it.

Not all my photos will become layouts - but I might think of a way of presenting my photos - either in an album, or a photobook at the end of the year or maybe a monthly layout. Still playing with that idea in my head and reading other blogs for inspiration.

So its the 5th, Ive taken 5 photos - so here they are....

About 12.15am on New Years Eve and our friends brought along a Chinese lantern to celebrate. Didnt have my best camera with me  - but quite like this shot!

Ok - so youve seen this before. But love this shot!

2 photos for the 2nd - cant decide which I like best

3 Jan  - went into Wimbledon in the winds and rain and whilst shopping took a few shots. Some of the architecture in Wimbledon is beautiful and its interesting how the town has evolved in my lifetime. But the library is still the library, I loved coming here as a child.

4 Jan and of course back to work so I forgot to take a photo. So in the evening I took a photo of my little work area at home complete with my new SAD light which Simon bought me for Christmas,

5 Jan and Matthew playing with his friends Eva's very pink toys. He loved putting the dolly in and out of the buggy - very cute. And how adorable is that t-shirt.
 I wonder if I can keep the challenge up all year. Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to take photos of places around you, we take so much for granted. I've been doing the 365 photo a day with an app on my camera ... Loving it so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, I am trying to take a photo a day this year too

    ReplyDelete