Wednesday 23 May 2012

Scrapbook Starting Point

Delighted to see another scrapbook starting point on Shimelle's blog this week.

This time I did something I've never done before - I did the basic  layout before deciding which photos to use. I've heard friends do this and had some new papers from Gottacraft that I was keen to use so I just went for it.

I started with the papers from Echo Parks Hello Summer and I added some red spotted washi tape fom our crop washi tape swap ( thanks whoever I got that one from!) and a die cut from the new Amy Tangerine line. Once I had completed the design that Shimelle had set I found my photos. I wasn't planning to use two as Shimelle had done - it could have been one or three - but the coats of Matthew and Martha just seem to match the paper. I then added stickers and alphabets from the Echo Park line, brads from Crate Paper from my Studio Calico kit,  blue spotted washi tape and more Tangerine die cuts, and a date die cut from Elle's Studio.

The photo is from Matthew's birthday party at Godstone Farm. It was a showery day but we all had so much fun and managed to take some cover in the petting area.

I must say Im pleased with the layout and will definately be doing scrapbooking starting points of my own in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Aw that's gorgeous Lorna! I do like the camera die cut it works really well on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet, gotta love the bunnies :) lovely colourful layout and I love the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love your photos and the banner in the corner. Great work on the starting point! :)

    ReplyDelete